Loss of Appetite?
“Loss of appetite” can indicate something may not be right in your body. Same can be true spiritually. Examine yourself; do you have loss of “spiritual appetite”, are you hungry, are you thirsty? How do we satisfy and maintain a spiritual appetite?
1) Remind Yourself How Much God Loves You- the more you understand how much He loves you, the more you are going to love Him. Ephesians 3:18-19 .....that you may be able to comprehend with all the saints what is the breadth and length and height and depth, and to know the love of Christ which surpasses knowledge, that you may be filled up to all the fullness of God. (NSAB)
2) Stop Filling Up on Junk Food – if you are not hungry for God,
could you be full of something else? (Things of this world.....yourself?). Don't starve on full stomachs! Proverbs 15:14 A wise person is hungry for knowledge, while the fool feeds on trash. Isaiah 55:1-2 “Is anyone thirsty? Come and drink even if you have no money! Come, take your choice of wine or milk- it's all free! Why spend your money on food that does not give you strength? Why pay for food that does you no good? Listen to me, and you will eat what is good. You will enjoy the finest food.” (NLT)
3) Make Knowing God Your #1 Goal – Not success, not
happiness; those are byproducts of knowing God. Seek Him first. Psalm 63:1 Oh God, you are my God earnestly I seek you; my
soul thirsts for you, my body longs for you, in a dry and weary land where there is no water. (NIV) Matthew 6:33 But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. (NIV)
4) Get Into God's Word Everyday – The Bible is food for your
Soul- it is bread, milk, honey, meat. Eating a meal once a week won't keep you healthy! Eat from the Word of God everyday. 1 Peter 2:2 Like newborn babies, crave pure spiritual milk, so that by it you may grow up in your salvation, now that you have tasted that the Lord is good. (NIV) 2 Timothy 3:16 All scripture is inspired by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, for training in righteousness; so that the man of God may be adequate, equipped for every good work. (NASB)
5) Have Your Church Family for Support – If you surround
yourself with people that all they care about is politics, sports, stock market, etc.; you could soon be only thinking about those same things all the time. But if you surround yourself with those who are hungry to know God, you are going to become hungry too!
. Proverbs 2:20 That thou mayest walk in the way of good men, and keep the paths of the righteous. (KJV) A 5-course meal has been prepared for us to feed our Spiritual Hunger. Next time, let’s start with the first course, the amuse. It sets the course and brings the “theme” to the diner! Bon a petite (may you enjoy your food with a good appetite),
Pastor Linelle Meadows