On the negative side...
Many people have not enjoyed the joy that goal-setting
Many people have no clue on where to begin in setting
Many people do not know how to write down goals with
details and clarity.
Many people are afraid of failing.
Many people don't want to work that hard to setting goals
and keep on raising the bar.
Many people are just ignorant of goal setting.
On the positive side...
1. Goal setting helps to value time. Ephesians 5:16
2. Goal setting helps to keep you focused. (Your focus will
determine your finish.) by Wes Neal.
3. Setting goals...planning brings order.
4. Setting goals...Motivates you in discipline.
5. Setting goals and seeing some results brings confidence
and courage. ("Desire accomplished is sweet to the soul."
6. Setting goals works patience in you...teaching you to
respond to situations instead of reacting.
Proverbs 16:9 "A man's heart deviseth his way: but the Lord directs his steps."
Proverbs 14:8 says, "The wisdom of the prudent is to understand his way."
This month take time to pray about some life goals that you are accountable for. Today you are an achiever!
Pastor Dave Stallman