Throughout my life there have been times that I would get one word from the Lord. I didn’t always know what he was telling me but I would write them down. When I pray and then sit quietly before the Lord, occasionally a word would come. On one of those quiet moments he put persevere in prayer in my mind. This word was given a long time ago and I had forgotten this word except that I had written it down in one of my journals that I happened to glance through, and it was brought back to my attention.
It was timely for that word from long ago was now brought to light during this time and this season. My husband has been fervently praying for a miracle in his relationship with a very close family member that he was estranged from. Just last night a miracle happened and there was a breakthrough in this area for him. It is so awesome to see God move for those around us. There are many psalms that help us understand how to persevere in prayer and wait on the Lord. He is worth the wait. The miracle is worth the wait. It took some time walking this life out with the Lord before I understood that He has good plans for you. Knowing God hears our prayers and then trusting that he will uphold you and not forsake you helps keep you at peace while you wait for your miracle. Here are a few good scriptures to read and meditate on to help you persevere!
Colossians 1:11-12 “being strengthened with all power according to his glorious might so that you may have great endurance and patience and giving joyful thanks to the father who has qualified you to share in the inheritance of his holy people in the kingdom of light.”
2. Psalm 40:1 “I waited patiently for the Lord he turned to me and heard my cry”.
3. Psalm 116:2 “because he turned his ear to me I will call upon him as long as I live”.
4. Psalm 119:147-149 “I rise before dawn and cry for help I have put my hope in your word my eyes stay open through the watches of the night that I may meditate on your promises”.
5. Ephesian 6:18 “praying at all times in the spirit with all prayer and supplication to that end keep alert with all perseverance making supplication for all the saints”.
6. Romans 12:12 “be joyful in hope patient in affliction faithful in prayer”.
7. Micah 7:7 “ But as for me, I watch in hope for the Lord, I wait for God my Savior my God will hear me”.
I will wait for my miracle that my son will have salvation in Jesus and restoration of a relationship with his family. I will continue to persevere in prayer until God’s perfect time for the answer to my prayers. I will trust. That is all he is asking. He already knows the answer and he will!