Things to Live By
1. Prayer is letting Jesus into our daily needs.
2. Respond vs. Reacting in our daily life.
3. Everything in life has a home (place).
4. Effort is a choice.
5. In speaking with people about a problem, begin with, help me understand....
6. A good name is greater than wealth. Proverbs 22:1 Protect your name.
7. Life and death are in the power of your speech. Proverbs 18:21
8. Maturity is based on your speech. James 3:2, Proverbs 17:28, Proverbs 12:23
9. Value your relationships daily...especially family.
10. Daily deepen your dependence on God. Psalms 23:5, Matthew 6:11
11. Be a father to all. I Corinthians 4:15
12. Remember God's mercies are new every morning....where is your mercy first. Lamentations 3:23
13. To problem solve - By mercy and truth iniquity is purged and by the fear of the Lord men depart from evil. Proverbs 16:6 Be a person of mercy first.
14. Be Empathic - learned the meaning by a teach in 5th or 6th grade.
15. Be prepared daily to give an answer....God's word will have it.
16. Be tough.
17. Love discipline.
18. Enjoy competition.
19. Teach and train these three: Reject passivity, take responsibility, live courageously.
20. It's about the approach - body language in dealing with people.
21. Thought life - Walk in peace - Acts 24:16, Isaiah 26:3, II Corinthians 10:3-7, Romans 12:2
22. Friends - Hang with people that can add to and multiply things in your life. I Corinthians 15:33
23. When you act in a hurry, you lose control. Think first...quick to hear slow to speak. James 1:19
24. Remember S.O.S. - You are (someone special) in God's eyes.
25. Spend only what you have!