Be Careful in theGray Area of Life
I Corinthians 6:12 "All things are lawful for me, but not all things are helpful: All things are lawful for me, but I will not be dominated by anything."
1. Is it good for me? Will it add a plus to my life? What would Jesus do?
2. Will it get control of me, or will it lessen Christ's control of me?I Corinthians 6:19-20 "Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God? You are not your own for you were bought with a price? So glorify God in your body."
3. Ask....As God's property, can I justify this activity or action? Is this activity or action befitting a real follower of Jesus Christ?
I Corinthians 8:9, 12-13 "But take heed lest by any means this liberty of yours become a stumbling block to them that are weak.
But when ye sin so against the brethren and wound their weak conscience, ye sin against Christ. Wherefore, if meat make my brother to offend, I will eat no flesh while the world standeth, lest I make my brother to offend."
4. I need to ask myself....can this action be seen in a negative way and cause someone to stumble?
Colossians 4:5 "Walk in wisdom toward them that are without, redeeming the time.”
5. Again...ask yourself....How will my testimony be affected if I participate in this activity?
Colossians 3:17 "And whatsoever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by Him."
6. Finally, ask yourself...when I come home from this activity, can I thank God for it with a clear conscience?
Eyes are watching
Little eyes are watching
Eyes from above are watching
Here are some words to ponder:
What is more important...the cause of Christ or my own convictions? Remember this daily if you can, our lives are tempered with others in mind.