Job, an Example of a Real Man and Father
Today, lets look at the character traits of Job as a courageous man who feared God and shunned evil.
1. Job was a man blameless and upright; he feared God and shunned evil. Job 1:1
2. When a period of feasting had run its course, Job would send and consecrate his children, rising up early in the morning and offering burnt offerings according to the number of them all; Job said, perhaps my sons have sinned and cursed God in their hearts…Job did this continually. Job 1:5 He was a man that prayed for his family.
3. Job was a man that practiced sexual purity. I made a covenant with my eyes not to look lustfully at a girl. Job 31:1
4. Job was a man and father of HONESTY. If I have walked in falsehood or my foot has hurried after deceit. Job 31:5
5. Job was a man and a father of INTEGRITY…his heart was always out there being pure. If my heart has been enticed by a woman, or if I have looked at my neighbor’s door. Job 31:9
6. Job was a man and a father of HUMILITY…he was approachable, teachable, and admitted wrongs in his life. If I have denied justice to my menservants and maidservants when they had a grievance against me. Job 31:13
Men, walk in humility
Those were a few great character traits for men. I want to point out one last thing about our brother Job…What God states about Job.
God states that Job feared God. Job 1:8, “Then the Lord said to satan, have you considered my servant Job. There is no one on earth like him; he is blameless and upright, a man who fears (reverent) God and always acknowledges Him.
Pastor Dave Stallman