Today...Honor God By What You Do
We all have the same basic calling: to glorify God in everything we do, this is why we are here. Scriptures say God created us for His glory (Isaiah 43:7) and instructs you and I to do everything for the glory of God (1 Corinthians 10:31).
I want to honor God in ALL I do:
- Live before my family honoring God. Matthew 5:16 Let your light and love shine
- Live honorably among unbelievers. Conduct yourselves honorably among the Gentiles, so that when they slander you as evildoers, they will observe your good works and will glorify God on the day He visits. 1 Peter 2:12
- Honor God by your giving. The result of the Corinthians giving to the poor believers in Jerusalem would be that “they will glorify God for your obedient confession of the gospel of Jesus Christ, and for your generosity. (II Corinthians 9:13) Find a need and fulfill it!
- Honor God by what I watch or look at! Job 31:1-4 “I have made a covenant with my eyes; Why then should I look upon a young woman? 2 For what is the allotment of God from above, And the inheritance of the Almighty from on high? 3 Is it not destruction for the wicked, And disaster for the workers of iniquity? 4 Does He not see my ways, And count all my steps?” Remember the little song…little eyes be careful what you see…little ears be careful what you listen to.
- Honor God with your lips. Psalms 63:3 “My lips will glorify you”. The use of our tongues is to give honor and praise to God. Colossians 4:6 “Let your speech always be with grace, seasoned with salt, that you may know how you ought to answer each one.”
- Honoring God by…being willing and obedient. Isaiah 1:19…If you be willing and obedient, you shall eat the good of the land. But if you refuse and rebel, you shall be devoured with the sword, for the mouth of the Lord has spoken.
My prayer for all of us today is that we can be pleasing to god day in and day out. If we mess up… 1 John 1:9 If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
Let your heart honor Father God daily!
Pastor Dave Stallman