Today, Pray...Real Basic
Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be make known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension (or your mind), will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
Some basic steps in prayer for you today using your hand.
1. Pinkie finger represents you. Pray for yourself. Know God hears…John 9:31 and I John 5:15
a. Repenting – I John 1:9
b. Giving God thanks – Psalms 100:4
c. Wait on God – Isaiah 40:31
2. Ring finger – Pray for those close to you! Key – Remember when the apostle Paul prayed for his friends, he makes no appeals for changes in circumstances of theirs.
a. Open their eyes – Ephesians 1:15-18
b. Fill their lives with love for other people – Matthew 22:37-39, Philippians 1:9-11, I Thessalonians 3:11-13
c. Pray for Wisdom of God’s will – Colossians 1:9-10
d. Pray for boldness – Matthew 28:19-20, Colossians 4:2-4, Ephesians 6:19-20
e. Pray for connecting with real friends – I Thessalonians 3:9-10, Romans 1:9-10, Romans 15:30-33
f. Pray for protection – II Thessalonians 3:1-2, Ephesians 6:12, Matthew 6:13, Philippians 2:3
g. Pray that they glorify God with their lives – II Thessalonians 1:11-12
(And give thanks for our family and friends)
3. Middle Finger – Pray for leaders…All men
b. Governors, Mayors
c. Leaders in Government
f. Police & firemen
Read I Timothy 2:1-4
4. Pointing finger – Pray for those who God speaks to your heart. God will put people on your mind and why…they need you to pray now. I Samuel 12:23, James 5:16, Be led by the Spirit.
5. Thumb – Praying for the lost or those that have walked away from the Lord Jesus Christ. The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not willing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance. II Peter 3:9
6. The Fist – Last of all, the fist represents praying in the Spirit or tongues daily also. I Corinthians 14:2, For one who speaks in a tongue does not speak to men but to God; for no one understands, but in his spirit he speaks mysteries. Also Jude 20
I pray this may help you some in your time and place of prayer for the days ahead.
Pastor Dave Stallman